Guntur Traditions is wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day .
Celebrating this day with warm and juicy Jalebi!!!
Maida / all purpose flour - 11/2 cups
Senagapindi / besan - 2tbs
Turmeric powder / yellow food color - pinch (optional)
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd / plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2cup (more if needed)
Oil - for deep frying
Jaggery (chopped)- 11/2 cups
water - 11/4 cup
Elachi powder / rose essence - 1/4 tsp
- Mix maida , turmeric powder and senagapindi in a bowl , add water and yogurt to it and mix well to make a smooth batter . The batter should be idly batter / pancake batter consistency .
- Close the bowl and put it in warm place like oven / microwave (don't switch on) and let it ferment for 24 hours ( it worth) , if you live in warm place 6 hrs of fermentation is enough . After fermentation , it won't double in size but some bubbles form on top .
- After 24 hours of fermentation , when u ready to make Jalebis , take the batter , add baking powder to it and mix it will .
- To make syrup , take a wide open pan , take jaggery , water and mix it will and bring it a boil ,( if u want to add elachi powder / rose essence add now) and simmer it for another 5-10 minutes until one string consistency . let it cool until it is worm (not too hot) .
- Take a wide bottom pan and add oil , not more than 1" from the bottom and let it heat on medium flame .
- can make Jalebis with ketchup battle or ziplock bag .If you are using ziplock bag , take the batter in a ziplock bag make a tiny hole by cutting the corner with scissors .
- Check if the oil is hot enough for frying Jalebi by adding a drop of batter to the oil , it should come up slowly but not very fast.
- Start frying the jalebis , take the ketchup bottle or ziplock bag that is filled with batter and carefully sqeeze the batter in the oil my making circles (shape of jalebi) .
- Once they are fried on one side , turn them to the other and let fry completely (fry them until they are crisp on both sides) .
- When they are fried on both sides , take them out of the frying pan and add to the syrup pan (syrup should be warm , not hot) . let them soak the syrup for 20 secs on each side .
- Now arrange them in soaked jelabis in try and they are ready to enjoy!!!
tempting and juicy jalebi.ReplyDelete
Try chesamu kani...chala pullga aindi and flavour kuda baledu... please any suggestions?????????????ReplyDelete
Hi Masthan SkDelete
thanks for trying my recipe....sry for result
I think here is the thing.....Iam from north Amercia and it very cold all the time so i mentioned 24 hrs for fermenting , I don't know where you are from....if you live in the warm place then you have to ferment it only for few hours (ckeck it after 6 hrs or so) , you know when the batter is ready (bubbles form on top and smell changes little bit but not too much). I think this where it went wrong.