Minapappu / urad dal -1cup
idly rava - 2cups
salt - 1 tsp
- wash and soak the dal and idly rava saperately for 6 hrs or over night.
- Grind the soaked the dal buy adding little water until it get the consistency of pancake batter.
- Now sqeeze out the water fron rava and mix with the grinded dal batter .(better should in the consistency of pancake batter)
- cover it and let it ferment it in warm place for ateast 8 hrs .
- After it is fermented , add salt and mix it well .
- Now the idly batter is ready .
- Can store batter in refrigerator for 1 week or freeze it for 2 months.