Minapappu / Urad dal - 1cup
Idly rava - 2cups
Salt - 1tsp
- Wash and soak dal and rava saperately for alteast 6 hrs . Over night is even better .
- Drain the water from the dal and grind it until if froms like pancake batter by adding water little by little.
- Now drain the rava and squeeze out the water from the rava completely and gring it until the consistency of pancake batter .(don't add any water while grindingg the rava becasuse it already absorbed lot of water )
- Now mix both the grinded dal and rava mixture and place it in warm place to femant it for atleast 8 hours or over night .
- Fermented batter contains bubbles like this.(you can see lot of bubbles on top of the batter)
- Now add 1tsp of salt to the batter and mix well.
- Put the idly pot on the medium flame and pour some water into it .(not more than 1/2" from the bottom)
- Meanwhile take the idly plates and appy oil to each mould and place batter in each mould .
- Carefully place the plates in to the idly pot and close the lid .
- Now increase the heat to high . when u see steam comming out , reduce the heat to low and let till cook for 10 minutes . After 10 minutes switch off the flame and let it cool for some time .
Open the lid and care fully . Here are my perfectly cooked idlyes
Carefully remove the idlyes from the plates with spoon.
Let me see which combination i like most
idly with sambar / idly with allam pachadi