onion - 1big
tomato - 2 medium
Ginger - 1"piece
garlic cloves - 3
greated cocconut - 3tbs ( 2"piece)
red chilly powder - 1tsp
salt - 1tsp
garam masala - 1tsp
coriander leaves / cilantro - few sprigs
oil / ghee - 1tbs
Jeera - 1tsp
- Finely chop onion .
- Puree tomatos .
- Graind ginger , garlic , coconut into smooth paste .
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium flame . when oil is hot , add jeera and fry it for few secs . Now add the chopped onion to the skillet and saute until light bown color .
- Once onions turn brown , add pured tomatos and cook until it turns little dry .
- Now add grounded ginger , garlic and coconut paste and cook it until it leaves it raw smell .
- Add red chilly powder , turmeric , garam masala and saute for 1 minute .
- Add 1 cup of water , salt to the fried mixture and cook it for 10 minutes or until desired consistency .
- Add chopped coriander leaves and check for the seasoning and take it off from the flame .
- Serve it with naan , chapathi , biryani or any rice dishes .
Nice curry with biriyani..the platter looks too temptingReplyDelete
wow, This is my favorite with biryaniReplyDelete