Cabbage - 1small head
Carrots - 1lb(1/2kg)
Green chillies - 3
Garlic chilly powder / red chilly powder - 1tsp
Curry powder / turmeric - 1tsp
Salt - 1tsp
For tempering :
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Split black gram - 1tsp
Jeera - 1/2tsp
Whole red chilly - 1
Oil - 1tbs
- Wash and cut the cabbage , carrots (small bite size pieces ), split the green chillies .
- Do the tempering - heat oil in a big sauce pot / slillet on medium flame . Once oil is hot , add all the tempering ingredients and let them fry until mustard seeds start popping .
- Now add the green chillies , saute it for few seconds , add chopped cabbage and carrots . add salt and saute well ( salt will release all the moisture from the veggies).
- Colse it with lid and let it cook by stirring once a while .
- When the veggies are cooked , add the garlic chilly powder , curry powder and mix it well .
- Check for the final seasoning and take it off from the heat .
- Serve cabbage carrot curry with rice / chapathi
carrot cabbage curry with chapathiNOTE:
-If you like onion flavour , can add it with green chillies .
- If the curry looks dry , add little water while cooking .