Whole wheat flour - 1cup
Salt - 1/4th tsp(pinch)
Water - 1/2cup
Oil - just little to add on top(optional)
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl , add salt to and mix well . Now add water and kneed until it forms dough . (play dough consistency)
- Cover it and leave it for 15 minuts .
- Now divide the dough in to 4 equal parts .
- Start rolling the chapathis
- With rolling pin , roll the dough in flat circle (mine about 9" ) . If the dough is sticking , dust it with more flour .
- Roll all the chapatis and keep aside .
- Heat the griddle on medium high heat .
- Once the griddle is hot , carefully put the rolled chapathi on to the griddle .
- Let it cook of 1 minute . (now you see the dough turns its color and small bubbles froming) Now turn it to other side . and let it cook on other side for another minute .( now the bubbles will get bigger)
- If needed cook for some more time by turning eigther sides . Add little oil and take it into plate and and cover it so that they will stay warm and soft for long time .
- serve the chapathi with any curry or dal ....
chapathi with beerakaya tomato kura
- If the dough is too stiff add little more water , if it is too sticky add little more flour .
- This recipe can make 4 large / 6 medium / 8 small chapathis.