Happy Valentine's Day wishes to all you there
for pound cake:
Maida / AP flour - 2cups
Butter - 1/2cup(1 stick)
Sugar - 2cups(divided)
Eggs - 4
Butter milk - 1cup
Vanilla - 1tsp
Baking soda - 1/4tsp
For chocolate cream cheese icing:
Chocolate chips - 1 cup(divided)
Cream cheese - 1Block
Butter - 6tbs(divided)
Sugar - 1cup
Vanilla - 1tsp
Milk - about 1/2 cup
for cake -
- Pre heat oven to 350 .
- Grease and dust two 8 / 9 inch round cake pans .
- Cream 4 tbs butter and 11/2cups of sugar . When is it is fluffy add eggs to the butter mixture and wisk it until it turns it is all mixed or light yellow colour . Add Vanilla , butter milk and mix it well .
- In a saperate bowl , add flour , baking soda and mix well.
- Now add flour mixture to the butter mixtur . Add little by little so that no lumps are formed . wisk until the flour is well incorperated into the butter mixture .(if the batter is too thick , add little milk ) Now the batter is ready .
- Equally distribute the batter into 2 pan and bake it for 35 - 40 minutes or until cake is bakked .
- Once they are done , take out of the oven and cool completely .
Now for the frosting -
- Bring cream cheese and and butter to room temperature .
- Ground sugar to fine powder .
- Wisk cream cheese and butter until they are completely incorperated .
- Add powdered sugar and mix it well .
- In microwave safe bowl , add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 2tbs milk , 1tbs of butter and microwave it for 30 secs . Now wisk it until all the chocolate and milk is mixed will . Add it to the butter and cheese mixture.
- Add vanilla to it and mix again .
- If the frosting is too thick add milk to it by wisking(add 1tbs of milk at a time) .
- let the frosting stay in room temepreature until cakes are cooled .
- Boil 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water .
- Take the cooled cakes , poke some holes on both sides .
- Now brush generously the boiled water and sugar mixture on both sides .
- To the cake base , apply little bit of frosting (so that cake dosent slide when you move) .
- Now take 1 layer and put it upside down and 1/3 of the frosting and spread it through out .
- Now place another layer on it as it is (not upside down) and add another 1/3 of frosting and spread it .
- Now frost the sides with remaining 1/3 of frosting .
- Take another 1/2 cup of chocolate chips , 1tbs butter , 1/4 cup of milk and microwave it for 30 secs and wisk it well . Keep it in fritz and let it cool completely .Pour this cooles chocolate mixture on top of the frosted cake . Make sure all the cake is covered with this cocolate mixture.
- keep it in fritz so that chocolate is cooled .
- Now cake is ready .
- for further decoration , I took some of the cream cheese frosting before adding chocolate and added orange color to it and put little hearts .
- For chocolate heat design , i took some of the melted chocolate and put the little chocolate hearts color .
- For cake base , i cut some cardboard piece and lined it with foil .