Rice - 3cups
Lemons - 2
Ginger - 1"piece
Green chillies - 2
Turmeric - 1/4tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
For tempering :
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Split black gram - 1tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Chenna dal - 1tbs
Peanuts - 1/4cup
Whole red chilly - 2
Oil - 3 tsp
- Wash and cook rice with 6 cups of water (1:2 ratio rice to water)
- When rice is cookes completely , fluff the rice with fork and let it cool little bit .
- Mean while do the tempering - heat oil in small skillet on medium heat . once oil is hot , add red chilly , mustard seeds , jeera , split black gram , chenna dal and let the fry little bit . When they start turning colour , add peanuts and fry them .
- Now greated ginger , split green chillies to the tempered mixture and fry until it leaves its raw smell .
- Add the turmeric and fry for few seconds and take it off from the flame .
- Sueeze the juice from the lemons (I always sqeeze lemon directly in to the tempered skillet , use another hand to catch all the seeds and pith so less dishes to do) Add salt to it and mix it well .
- Now add the lemon juice mixture to the cooled rice and mix it well . check for the final seasoning
- Serve it hot or cold .
- Can do lemon rice with lemons or limes .
- If you like more tartness add 1 more lemon .
- If you like curry leaf flavour , add it to the tempering .