Rice - 2cups
Tamarind - 1big lemon size ball
Ginger - 1"piece
Green chillies - 3
turmeric - 1/2tsp
For tempring :
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Split black gram - 1tsp
Jeera - 1/2tsp
Chenna dal - 1tbs
Peanuts - 2tbs
Oil - 2tsp
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes .
- Add water to the rice(1:2 the ratio of rice to water ) cook it until rice is completly done and let it cool .
- Add some water to the tamarind and microwave it for 1 minute and let is cool little bit and extract the juice from it .
- Now do the tempering - Heat skillet on medium flame and add oil to it . When oil is hot , add the whole red chillies , mustard seeds , split black gram , jeera and let them fry little bit . Now add chenna dal , fry it for few seconds and add peanuts and let all fry .
- Now add the split green chillies , greated ginger and let it fry for 1 minute .
- Now add turmeric powder and fry for few seconds .
- Now add the extracted tamarind juice, salt and let ie cook for 10 minutes or until it leaves it ram smell . check for the final seasoning and take it off from the heat .
- Add the tempered mixture to the cooked and cooled rice and mix it well .
Sreve it hot .
This can be served for lunch /dinner or taste even better for next day morning breakfast .
(Iam bit hurry so did'nt take much photos)