Rice - 2cups
Carrots - 3medium
Onion - 1big
Green chillies - 3/4
Garlic cloves - 3/4
Ginger - 1"piece
Coriander leaves /Cilantro - few sprigs
Garam masala - 1tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2tsp
Turmeric - 1/4tsp
Salt - 2tsp
Oil - 4tsp
- Wash and cook rice with 4cups of water(1:2 ratio of rice to water) and let it cool little bit .
- Grind carrots in to coarse paste with out adding water .
- Great ginger and garlic . (use ginger garlic paste if you have in hand )
- Finely chop onions and green chillies .
- Heat oil in a big skillet on medium flame . when oil is hot , add chopped green chillies and saute for few seconds . Now add chopped onions and fry until they turn light brown colour .
- Add ground carrot paste and saute until it is completely cookes (about 15 minutes) . Now the carrot looks little dry .
- Add greated ginger garlic and saute until it leaves its raw smell .
- Add choped coriander leaves and saute for just 10 seconds .
- Now add salt , turmeric , garam masala ,chilly powder saute it for another 30 seconds or so .
- Now add the cooked and cooled rice to the fried mixture and mix well . Mix it gently that rice don't break .
- Serve it with any chicken curry / gravy / raita ... What ever goes well with biryani will go with carrot rice too .
carrot rice with kodiguddu porutu
- Rice should not be mushy .
- Adjust spices according to taste .
- Can Also add mint leaves with coriander leaves .