Greated coconut - 1cup(fresh / frozen)
fried chenna dal - 1cup
Green chillies - 6-8
Salt - 1tsp
For temepering :
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Split black gram -1tsp
Whole red chilly - 2
Oil - 1tbs
- Put greated coconut , fried channa dal , green chilles , salt in mixie jar add littele water(1/4 the cup or so) and grind it into fine paste (add little more water of it is too thick) .
- Do the tempering - add 1tbs of oil in a skillet and let it heat on medium heat . When oil is hot add all the mustard seeds, splitblackgram , jeera , break red chilly in to half and add to oil . When they all are nicely roasted , take it off from the flame . let it cool little bit .
- Now add the grainded coconut mixture to the skillet in which tempering is done and mix it well . Add water according to your desired consistency and check for final seasoning .
Serve it with idly , dosa , upma , punugulu / bonda ....This goes well with any breakfast items .
- Can always use whole coconut . Just cut it into small pieces and use in thechutney
- You can always adjust salt and red chillies according to your taste .
- If you like curry leaves . go ahead and add it to the tempured mixture .