Eggs - 8
Onions - 2big
Tomato - 3medium
Garlic cloves - 4
Ginger - 1" piece
Vellulli karam / Red chilly powder - 1tsp
Curry powder / turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
Coriander leaves / cilantro - few sprigs
Salt - 1tsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Split black gram - 1tsp
Jeera - 1/2tsp
Whole red chilly - 1
Oil - 1tbs
- Boil eggs until they are cooked ( i cooked in pressure cooker until 2 wistles) . Let them cool little bit .
- Once eggs are cooled , peel them and put some cuts on it so thay absorb all the curry flavours .
- Chop onions and tomatos .
- Do the tempering - Heat skillet on medium flame and add oil to it . When oil is hot , add the tempering ingredients and let them fry .
- When mustard seeds start popping , add chopped onions , add salt and let them fry until they turn pink .
- Add ginger garlic paste (i greated ginger , garlic) and fry it until the raw smell is gone .
- Now chopped tomatos , mix it well and close it with lit and let is cook and tomatos turn mushy .
- Now add red chilly powder , curry powder and mix well .
- Add boiled eggs and mix well . Colse it and let it cook for 10 minutes by sauting it once in a while .
- Add chopped coriander leaves and saute it once again . Now check for the final seasoning and take it off from the heat .
- Serve Kodiguddu tomato kura with rice and ghee .
- Can do wit with any number of eggs .
- If you dont like ginger garlic paste , don't add .